Due to the fairy-tale focus of our culture too many women grow up thinking they have the magic powers to fix or heal a troubled guy despite all evidence to the contrary. So they gravitate toward the tough cases, find them exciting and take them on as “projects.” The little girl princess inside still believes she can transform his life with a smile, a kiss and her heartfelt love. The more he resists, the more tempting he becomes and more determined she is to show him “the way” and set him straight — against all odds. Too many women have destroyed their own lives keeping this myth and dream alive.
Boosting your self-esteem is the antidote to this dangerous path. The more you value yourself as a woman the less likely you are to devote your life to fixing someone else who doesn’t really deserve you in the first place. Therapy is always helpful. Journaling and working on building self-confidence will refocus your life in a healthier,more fulfilling direction.
Rosalind Sedacca is the co-author of “99 Things Women Wish They Knew Before Dating After 40, 50, and Yes, 60!” Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read Full Post »
Rosalind offers an eye-opening presentation on the ways singles are standing in their own way. You could be too set on someone being “blond” or “tall”, you could still be in love with your EX or you could be a workaholic married to your job. How do you know and how do you change? This podcast shares some insights.
- Are you still single because you are too independent? Don’t want to give up too much?
- Why does this stand in the way of finding love?
- Are you just too picky or critical (she’s nice but I only like women with long blond hair)?
- On the other hand, how do you know if you appear so desperate you repel others?
- Did you know that some singles are still in love with their EX? Are you?
- How does your past influence your current ability to attract?
- How do you work on yourself to change what’s not working?
To find out more about Rosalind Sedacca, her books and free resources please visit her websites WomenDatingAfter40.com and WomenDatingRescue.com.
This podcast is presented by the National PR Firm, Annie Jennings PR. Annie is the Creator of JenningsWire, an online magazine that features a diverse community of talented bloggers. Please enjoy more posts on JenningsWire.com and discover the bloggers that might be perfect for you!
Listen Here: http://anniejenningspr.com/jenningswire/podcast/podcast-if-im-such-a-great-catch-why-am-i-still-single/
Read Full Post »